2018 Reading Resolutions

Happy 2018 everyone! Here are my reading resolutions for the New Year. I plan on a reading 60 books this year. At first I wanted to aim for 100 books but I thought that may be tough as I am always attracted to big books with hundreds of pages. Still, I am going to try and get beyond 60 books.

I am going to update this book review blog regularly and keep connecting with fellow book loving bloggers. And I am going to try and keep up with bookgramming regularly. If you want to follow me on Instagram my name is @jane.read.next

I received  some great new books for Christmas from my husband and there’s a heap more I want to read.

My Christmas book haul
My Christmas book haul

Here is my current reading list:

• Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
  • Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
  • Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
  • The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
  • Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders
  • The Throne of Glass series (all of it) by Sarah J Maas
  • A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J Maas
  • Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
  • Forces of Nature by Jane Harper
  • Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
  • Sleepy Beauties by Stephen and Owen King
  • Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood
  • Reread Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility and Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Middlemarch by George Elliot
  • Little Women by Louise May Alcott
  • When Life Gives You Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger  (the sequel to the devil wears prada focused on Emily)
  • Still Me by Jojo Moyes
  • The Girl in the Spider Web and The Girl who takes an eye for an eye by David Lagercrantz
  • The Fireman by Joe Hill

and that’s just for starters…

What are your reading goals this year? How many books do you plan on reading?

11 thoughts on “2018 Reading Resolutions

• Janereads January 2, 2018 / 1:03 pm

Thank you! I loved reading your new year book resolutions as well. Particularly the one about not pressuring yourself with the number of books you read too early in the year. Very good advice!

1. Atiqah @ Bookmarks and Blue Light January 3, 2018 / 12:34 am

I envy your tbr, they’re looking so good! Planning on doing 50 this year, it seems like a manageable goal. Haven’t come up with a proper list yet because I’m just concentrating on completing A to Z challenge as well as POPSUGAR. Those two challenges work out well for me as I’m exploring new genres 😊

Wish you’ll have a blast in 2018!

• Janereads January 3, 2018 / 4:14 am

Good luck with your challenges. They sound like fun! 😀

• Janereads January 4, 2018 / 7:14 am

I have read Little Women before but it was so long ago I can’t remember it. I have just ordered a penguin clothbound classic edition so it will be the perfect opportunity to read it again! Eleanor & Park is definitely worth a read. I will check out your tag.

2. cricketmuse January 5, 2018 / 2:15 am

I’m going for 101 books for the third year. It’s usually a panic around November but I mix up the books with julie’s to long-winded tomes . There is so much out there I have yet to discover! Thanks for sharing your goals.

3. jessicabookworm January 5, 2018 / 7:47 am

My only goal is to continue to make more time for re-reads of old favourites, non-fictions and new-to-me books from favourite authors. I don’t set an amount of books to be read because it would be too much pressure! I wish you all the best with your readings goals and happy reading in 2018 😀

• Janereads January 5, 2018 / 8:52 am

Thanks all the best to you as well! This is my first time setting a reading goal and I am interested to see how many books I read in a year.