The Booker Award and Random Books on My Shelf Quiz Time

A long, long time ago (hey, isn’t that the start of a song?) Literary Tiger nominated me for The Booker Award. This is an award for blogs whose content is at least 50% about books. So an award from one book lover to another.

A big, belated thank you to Literary Tiger for passing this award on. If you haven’t already stumbled upon her blog, make sure you visit now!

The Rules are:

1.  Nominate other book loving blogs.

2.  Post the Booker Award picture.

3.  Share your top 5 books of all time.

And The Booker Award goes to ….

My problem is that I follow a lot of book bloggers who have already been nominated for this award. Obviously us book lovers all stick together. I will still name some favourite book blogs of mine. It is up to the recipients if they want to accept it or not. No returns 🙂

In no particular order:

1.  Book’d Out

2. 1001 Children’s Books

3. Lea at Sea

4. That Book You Like

5. One Book, One Movie

6. easyondeyes

7. The Bookworm Chronicles

I’ve already mentioned my favourite books in previous posts, so I will bend the rules a little and do a Random Books on My Shelf Quiz. Let’s see if all you book lovers out there can guess the names and authors of 5 books on my shelf:

Book 1: Boy meets girl on last day of college. Boy and girl decide to be friends. Years go by – day by day. Maybe they will get together eventually.

Book 2: Little sisters can be annoying. But what about a little sister who likes your boyfriend and then lies and tells everyone he committed a terrible crime? It’s enough to drive you to war.

Book 3: Four walls, a roof and a floor, a mother, and a scary man. Is there more to life?

Book 4: And you thought your childhood was bad, it’s no wonder this girl looks and acts like a rebel without a cause. That’s until she finds a cause helping a journalist uncover lies and corruption in a very cold climate.

Book 5: Diet, work, friends, relationships, mothers … it’s hard being a thirty-something single woman in a world full of smug married couples. Here’s hoping she will find her Mr Darcy.

Feel free to post your guesses in the Comment box below.

14 thoughts on “The Booker Award and Random Books on My Shelf Quiz Time

1. northmum August 21, 2012 / 10:21 pm

My guesses:

1. One Day
    2. Atonement
    3. Room (? – guessing, haven’t read it)
    4. Really not sure… The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo???
    5. Bridget Jones’ Diary

• janereads August 22, 2012 / 7:04 am

Congratulations you guessed them all!! You really a booklover (or maybe I made my quiz too easy) 🙂

• northmum August 23, 2012 / 3:29 am

I’ve only read 1 and 5 (seen the film of 2), but I’ve a lot of friends who talk about books and I learn a lot from posters on public transport!!!

2. Literary Tiger August 21, 2012 / 10:41 pm

1. hmmm, don’t know.
    2. Atonement
    3. ????
    4. I also guess Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
    5. Austenland? (which I haven’t read) but I haven’t read Bridget Jones’ Diary either.

What a fun game!

• janereads August 22, 2012 / 7:05 am

You guessed right with 2 and 4. Northern Mum above has all the other answers.

3. jessicabookworm August 21, 2012 / 11:54 pm

I think Book 2 is Atonement, Book 3 is Room, and Book 4 is Girl with the Dragon Tattoo not idea what the other are!

Thank you for the nomination! Can’t wait to give this a go.

• janereads August 22, 2012 / 7:06 am

Right on those guesses. See Northern Mum’s first comment for the rest.

4. Rosemary W August 22, 2012 / 12:05 pm

Not the Man Booker Award, I guess 🙂 thanks for the list of book blogs – I’m always looking for more like mine (nochargebookbunch) – and ideas for books to read. Your quiz is too hard for me – hope you post the answers.

5. georgipaech August 22, 2012 / 6:14 pm

Thanks for the nomination Jane! Just out of interest, what are some of your favourite books?

• janereads August 22, 2012 / 6:28 pm

You’re welcome. Some favourite books of mine include Pride and Prejudice and Persuasion by Jane Austen, the Narnia series by C.S.Lewis, Frenchman’s Creek by Daphne DuMaurier, Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins … lots of favourite books. Can’t wait to hear about yours!

6. That Book You Like August 23, 2012 / 7:28 am

Thanks for the nomination Jane! Lovely to get a shout out, and can’t wait to take a look around the other blogs on the list 🙂

• janereads August 23, 2012 / 8:13 pm